My core training is as an Integrative Psychotherapist, meaning that I evolved my own way of working with individual clients that called on influences from different traditions and philosophies. I have been influenced by the person-centred tradition, by Transactional Analysis, and by psychodynamic thinking and perspectives. I place great importance on the nature of the working relationship between me and my clients and pay attention to how it evolves.
In recent years I have been training in Group Analysis, which follows earlier training in other ways of working therapeutically in groups.
I have gained experience of working with individuals and groups in a variety of settings:
- long-term psychotherapy in private practice
- short-term counselling in private practice
- NHS counselling for people referred by their GPs
- staff counselling in an NHS hospital
- employee assistance counselling for business employees
- facilitating counselling groups
- conducting psychotherapy groups in the NHS
- UKCP-registered Integrative Psychotherapist
- Registered Member of BACP (MBACP)
- Member of Metanoia Institute
- Associate Member of Institute of Group Analysis